This week's theme is Starting Over, which is, of course, apropos at the beginning of a new year. It also pertains to my piece this week, which includes several techniques that are still relatively new to me. This is only the third piece of this style I've made.
I shaped the paw of 16 gauge Argentium sterling wire in two pieces and fused it together before soldering it onto the brass sheet that I'd already cut and textured. I sawed out the paw shape, then riveted the brass sheet onto a piece of copper sheet I'd cut and textured. I turned the bail and then antiqued the entire piece, polished and tumbled it.
It was difficult to create the toes with such thick wire, so I'll shape the paw differently next time. I've already got a new idea. Stay tuned!